Deciding on the right personal trainer can be challenging for many people. Finding the right fit is crucial to getting the results you desire. Here are a few tips to get started:
1) Look at the trainer's bio, you will find information about their education, experience, and specialties.
2) Find out how long they have been training, their certifications or degrees. Sometimes health clubs can be revolving doors for trainers that treat it as a part time job. Look for a personal trainer that is committed to training as a career.
3) Narrow it down to a few trainers and then talk to each one and see how their experience fits your needs. It is important for your personalities to mesh so that you are comfortable talking to your trainer. Fitness training can be very personal for many people. It is better to train with someone that you can talk to frankly about reaching your goals, rather than someone that you cannot be honest with.
4) Look to see if the trainer has testimonials. Client referrals show satisfaction with their personal training experience.
5) Inquire about a complimentary trial session. Many trainers offer sessions in hopes of getting new clients. If not, it's always worth asking!