Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Are you tricepually gifted?

I'm not going to lie, that's a term I picked up from one of my clients (and I'm not really sure how you would spell such a made up word). He claimed that I couldn't rock his triceps because he is so "gifted"...but trust me, I found a way to challenge him! Here are some of my favorite tricep exercises that you can do back to back with lighter weights or mix them in with your full body routine:



1) Overhead Rope Tricep Extensions: Start on your elbows even with your shoulders in a 90 degree bend, then extend your arms out to a straightened position. Do 3 sets of 10-15 reps.
tri3 tri4

2) Supinated Tricep Extensions: Start with your elbows in tight bent at 90 degrees with palms up, then extend to fully straighten the arm squeezing the triceps. Do 3 sets of 15-20 reps with a green, red, or blue band.
tri5 tri6

3) Mini Tricep Dips: Start with your elbows straight and hands on a bench with legs bent (to make it more challenging straighten the legs), bend the elbows down to 90 degrees lowering the body. Do 10-20 reps.
tri7 tri8

4) Military Push Ups: Start in a normal plank position either on your knees as shown or with feet extended. Keeping elbows in close to the body, lower yourself down so the elbows are even with your midsection, then push back up. These are more challenging than the normal push up and much more difficult to stabilize the core. Do 12-20 reps.
tri1 tri2

No comments:

Post a Comment