Friday, May 6, 2011
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
No silly...I mean biceps! This is a shout out to getting fabulous arms for the summer. Doing some back and biceps will give your a arms a nice sleek look.
Here are 5 moves that will bring on the burn:
1) Eccentric Pull Ups : Start with both feet planted on the step or bench. Hands will be placed on the inner grips of the pull up bars. Jump up to the top of the pull up position and then slowly (super slow) lower yourself down so your feet are back on the step. Start with this exercise because it's the most challenging. Do 3 sets of 12-15 reps.
2) TRX Bicep Curls: Begin with feet together and both hands will be on the TRX. Make sure you leave your elbows up and create an arc motion towards you for the bicep curl. You are using your own body weight for resistance, so it will be more challenging as you move your feet further forward. Do 3 sets of 10-15 reps.
3) Smith Press Underhand Pull Ups: Keeping your feet underneath you with your hips up, pull yourself up to the bar and then down so that arms are fully extended. The lower the bar is set, the more difficult the exercise. Do 3 sets of 10-15 reps.
4) One Arm Hold Bicep Curl: This is just a basic bicep curl with a twist. You will do each side individually while the other side is in a flexed (bent) position holding the weight in an isometric hold. Do 3 sets of 10-15 reps each side.
5) Cable Rope Bicep Curl: Keep the hands out wide fore this one. Flex all the way up keeping elbows in tight to the body, and then come back down for full extension. Do 3 sets of 15 reps.
Post a Comment