Okay, maybe that's not the phrase everyone likes to use, but we all know what I'm talking about. Whether you have a little excess on your abdomen, or for men the dreaded "love handles", everyone can use some work on the midsection. Even if you feel like your abs are perfect, these exercises can be used as a core warm up before cardio to get everything activated before you get moving.
1) Scissor Side Planks: Start in a regular side plank position, making sure to keep your hips up and square. Slowly raise your leg up and hold for 15-30 seconds. Repeat each side 3 times.
2) Medicine Ball Push Ups: With one hand on the medicine ball, lower yourself down so your arm is at a 90 degree angle and then push back up. If you want more of a challenge, roll the ball alternating hands between each push up. Do 3 sets of 12-20 reps.
3) Medicine Ball Obliques on the Bosu: This is one of my favorite moves, but really be careful how far your stretch back with the ball. Start with a lighter ball (2-5 lbs) and angle off to one side stretching back, then lift and extend over toward your opposite knee in an arc movement. Do each side independently for 15 reps. Repeat 3 times.
4) Stretch Back Crunches with Adductor Isometric: Hello adductors! This is a terrific exercise because it gets your inner thighs and lower abs more involved. Use one ball between your knees to squeeze and one ball to stretch back with arms extended. Lift up reaching toward your toes with your shoulder blades off the ground. Do 3 sets of 20-30 reps.
5) Bosu Side Crunches: The focus is your oblique muscles as well as your spinal erectors. Start side lying on the Bosu with the bottom leg bent, slowly side crunch up. Make sure just to stick to the range of motion that feels comfortable so you can really isolate those muscles. Do 3 sets of 10-15 reps on each side.
The major elements of fitness training will include finding the right type of diet to developing an appropriate type of exercise that will meet an individual's specific needs. Bootcamp PhoenixReplyDelete
I have read your blog regarding Fitness mats, As you had right wonderful article, and this is very interesting. Thanks for sharing such wonderful blog